Responsible Tourism is about “making better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit.” Responsible Tourism requires that operators, hoteliers, governments, local people and tourists take responsibility, take action to make tourism more sustainable.
Our approach is the result of our own personal passion for, and commitment to the environment and community within which we live. We take as many practical steps to grow our own, reduce waste, and we have adopted a philosophy to source and buy locally. We like to support small business as this is critical to the economic survival of small coastal communities such as ours.
At La Perouse Lorne you will:
• eat an organic and locally sourced breakfast and therefore consumed less “food miles”
• not use any paper when communicating and booking at La Perouse
• avoid passing harmful chemicals into the water system
• use your car less as we find that most guests walk or cycle once they arrive
• enjoy bath products that were not tested on animals
• contribute to less food waste as all our organic kitchen leftovers including coffee grounds are composted on site
• have contributed to the local economy and supported a local charity
• have improved your own physical and mental well-being